This section provides answers to frequently asked questions about diseases and medical conditions.
- Acne - topical and oral antibiotics for acne (also called acne vulgaris), a common skin disease characterized by clogged pores and pimples, blackheads, or red, swollen bumps.
- Bacterial Vaginosis - antibiotics for treatment of bacterial vaginosis with dosage recommendations.
- Chlamydia - Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by the bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis. Transmission, symptoms, complications, antibiotics for chlamydia infection.
- Diverticulitis - antibiotics for mild and severe diverticulitis.
- Ear Infection (Otitis) causes, symptoms, treatment, when to give antibiotics.
- Lactational Mastitis antibiotics for treatment of mastitis (milk fever).
- Strep Throat - antibiotics for treatment of streptococcal pharyngitis.
- Bacterial Vaginosis - how to distinguish BV from yeast infection, from chlamydia.
- Strep Throat vs Sore Throat, Strep Throat vs Tonsillitis - frequently asked questions about differences between causes, symptoms, and treatment of common respiratory infections.
- Urinary Tract Infections vs Bladder Infection - frequently asked questions about symptoms, transmission, contagiousness.