eMedExpert.com - Know More about Medications
- List of Opioids - includes opioid analgesics with schedule status
- Ketorolac vs Diclofenac comparison chart
- NSAIDs Side Effects and Toxicity
- Drug Interactions with Alcohol
- Alprazolam (Xanax®) vs Lorazepam (Ativan®) comparison chart
- Antibiotics for Mastitis
- Naproxen vs Ibuprofen - differences and similarities, head-to-head comparative clinical trials
- Zolpidem (Ambien®) vs Alprazolam (Xanax®) comparison chart
- Effects Of Music on Health & Brain
- List of Sleeping Pills - includes prescription and OTC hypnotics
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) Comparison
Popular Drug Comparisons
eMedExpert compares prescription drugs using different formats. In head to head drugs comparisons, like Effexor vs Cymbalta, we analyze mechanisms of action, FDA approved and off-label uses, side effect profiles of two or more similar drugs.
Doxycycline vs Minocycline comparison takes a close look at how two antibiotics work in treating specific medical conditions, in particular acne vulgaris.
When comparing prescription drugs which belong to the same class, we outline similarities and differences in approved indications and uses, efficacy, side effects, pharmacokinetics, half-life, drug interactions. Comparison of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors is a good example.
And one more method is comparison of different classes of prescription drugs used for the same medical conditions. Like Comparison of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors to Tricyclic Antidepressants
The articles in this section list FDA approved and off-label uses, advantages and disadvantages of the medications, class of drugs to which they belong, pregnancy category, habit forming properties, little known interesting facts. All information is taken from official and reputable sources, such as Food and Drug Administration, Physicians' Desk Reference, or National Institute of Health.
Learn important and interesting reference-supported and little-known facts about Expired Medications.
This is were you will find various lists of drugs compiled for your convenience. Among most popular lists are:
Our in-house developed tool will let you quickly find generic versions of brand-name drugs and the other way around - brand-name drugs of commonly used generics. Note, however, that brand names listed for each generic drug may not include all brands available in the United States. The most common ones are listed.
This section contains comprehensive descriptions of prescription drug classes like Antibiotics (Penicillins, Cephalosporins, Fluoroquinolones, Tetracyclines, Macrolides, Aminoglycosides), Hair loss medications, or Erectile dysfunction medications.
An alphabetical list of side effects reported in the "Adverse Reactions" section of the product descriptions in PDR® and its companion volumes. Under each side effect is an alphabetical list of brands associated with the reaction.
- How to Raise Metabolism
- Surprising Effects of Music on Health
- Identify and Eliminate Your Energy Zappers
- Interesting Facts about Antibiotics
- 14 Research-Proven Ways to Boost Brain Power
- Facts about STDs
- How Hair Loss Impacts People
- 8 Reasons Why People Drink Soda & 16 Reasons to Give Up Soda Drinking
- Green Tea Health Benefits
- 21 Powerful Reasons to Exercise
- Flu Prevention Tips